Our website www.easterrossvets.co.uk (“the website”) is owned and operated by Easter Ross Vets Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland with company number SC471159 whose registered office address is at 25 High Street, Invergordon, IV18 0EZ.
When you register through the website, use the website, contact us electronically, by telephone or in writing, we may collect and process personal information (“Personal Information”) about you. We understand the importance of looking after the Personal Information that you provide and this notice sets out what Personal Information we collect, why we need to collect it, how we will use it and the length of it will be stored.
Easter Ross Vets is a “Data Controller” which means we have to tell you certain information when asking for your Personal Information. Our website contains a number of pages where you can provide us with information eg if you register with us, request a repeat prescription, or order food using our online forms.
- What Personal Information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we collect your Personal Information on the Website
- How we use your Personal Information
- With whom we may share your Personal Information
- Any transfer of Personal Information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep your Personal Information
- What we do to protect your Personal Information
- What choices you have in relation to your Personal Information
What information we may process about you
- your name and address
- your mobile and/or home phone number(s)
- your email address
- details about your pet
- payment information (including bank, debit or credit card details)
- information about your use of the website (eg what you have read and what actions you have taken)
**Please remember to let us know if any of your Personal Information changes as soon as you can. This will allow us to keep our records as accurate as possible, in a timeous manner.
Personal Information you give to us
- Registering with us
If you wish to register your pet with us we will collect Personal Information from you in order to set up a record with us.
- Booking an appointment
If you book an appointment for your pet with us, we will collect Personal Information from you so that we can register you and your pet and provide you with an appointment.
- Using our contact form/email contact
We collect Personal Information from you if you contact us via our contact forms, an email link or participate in an online chat with us.
- Log in via Facebook/Google/Twitter
If you follow a link from our website to log in via Facebook/Google/Twitter then that website will provide us with Personal Information but you will be asked what Personal Information you want us to receive and will have the chance to edit the information that you provide to us.
Personal Information we may collect automatically when you use the website:
- IP addresses (the name and internet address your device uses to identify itself to us)
- Your activity on our website, including times and dates of visits
- Information on your location
- Other websites you may have visited
How We Use Your Personal Information
Our legal basis for using your Personal Information
The law only allows us to use your Personal Information in certain limited circumstances. We will most commonly process your Personal Information:
- where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you (eg when you have asked us to treat your pet)
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation (eg keeping records for insurance purposes)
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (this allows us to send you information about our own services or products that are related to, or similar to, those you have already purchased from us, unless you tell us otherwise)
- where you have consented to us using your Personal Information
What this means in practice
Any Personal Information that you give to us may be used in the following ways:
- to allow us to register you and your pet with us so that we can provide veterinary services to you
- to provide you and your pet with an appointment
- to answer any queries that you may have
- to contact you with information about your pet’s health
- to keep a record of your pet’s health
- to administer medication to your pet
- to process your payment
- to administer any insurance claims
- to contact your insurance company
- to contact another practice or hospital if your pet needs further treatment
- to contact you with information about services or products similar to those you have received from us previously (unless you tell us not to)
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our website or software
- to help us improve the website to make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on the website
- to administer the website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
If you fail to provide Personal Information
If you fail to provide certain Personal Information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing your pet with veterinary services or medication), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure that we keep the necessary insurance records).
Sharing your Personal Information
Our Business Partners
We may share your Personal Information with carefully selected third parties including:
- Other veterinary practices or veterinary hospitals (but only once we have discussed with you and you agree)
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
The following organisations are used by us to provide our Website:
- Vethelpdirect.com Limited www.vethelpdirect.com – provider of our symptom checker and communication services
- Simply Health/Denplan simplyhealth.co.uk – provider of our pet health club
- Petplan Pet Insurance petplan.co.uk – provider of 4 week free insurance cover
- Dogs for Good dogsforgood.org – UK charity and our chosen charity of the year
Legal Requirements & Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- If we sell our business – in which case the Personal Information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets.
- Personal Information that we may be required to share:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number(s)
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping Your Personal Information
- How we store your Personal Information
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us.
- We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard Personal Information. We use encryption technology where appropriate to enhance privacy and help prevent information security breaches. We use industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our systems.
- Any Personal Information will be held within the EEA.
- All third parties who provide services to the Website are required to sign contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
- All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Information on our third-party providers can be found above.
- Retention of Personal Information
- We will only hold your Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information as a client of Easter Ross Vets Ltd.
- For staff members, we hold your Personal Information for as is required to comply with legal and regulatory requirements including to such bodies as HMRC and RCVS.
- We have a company retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Should you wish to see this document please contact the Administration Manager at 25 High Street, Invergordon, IV25 0EZ, or or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have set these timescales in accordance with any applicable legislation and where none exists then we will keep your information for the duration of your employment (or services contract) and then for a period of 7 years after which time it will be deleted.
- EmailsIf you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants all data subjects rights without charge. These include the right to:
- Right to prevent Automated Decision MakingYou have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision-making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Transferring Personal InformationYou have the right to request that your Personal Information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
Keeping Your Data Safe
- We recognise the importance of keeping your Personal Information safe and we have in place security measures and policies to prevent Personal Information from being lost, used or accessed without our permission. The whole website is secure and you will see “https” in the address bar for each page. We limit access to your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you make a request to us under this Privacy Statement and you are unhappy with the response that you receive, you can ask for the request to be reviewed under our internal complaints procedure.
Our internal complaints procedure allows your request to be reviewed by the Administration Manager, who will do their best to try and resolve the issue.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office
The Policy was last updated on 31 August 2018.
How to Contact Us
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. By law, we are permitted to store cookies on our machine providing that they are essential to the operation of the website (“strictly necessary cookies” as outlined below) but for all others we need your permission to do so.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works eg by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (eg your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all, or some, cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all, or parts, of our website