At Easter Ross Vets we aim to provide a proactive and professional service to farms of all sizes and are keen to engage with clients and provide support through developments in the farming industry. We strive to be approachable for advice, and as part of this we hold a cattle and sheep discussion meeting over the winter months, to which all clients are warmly invited.
For information on our catchment area, please contact us.
The majority of our large animal work consists of cattle and sheep, but we are also happy to take care of goats, camelids, and backyard pigs and poultry. More information on these services can be found on our Smallholder’s page.
We provide comprehensive Veterinary services throughout the year and provide an out of hours service for emergencies.
Herd Health and Production Plans
These can be as formal (e.g. for QMS requirements) or informal as required. An initial meeting ensures detailed information is gathered, and an action is then created, tailored to the individual setting. You will receive a copy of your personalised Plan, and regular discussion of this is actively encouraged throughout the year.
- Many of our farm clients are members of this scheme which offers both peace of mind that your herd’s health status is controlled and added value for sale of breeding animals.
- Accreditation is available for BVD, Johnes, Leptospirosis, IBR and Neospora. You can be a member for any combination of these diseases.
- We are happy to discuss individual testing requirements for your herd.
We are authorised to carry out Anthrax, Brucellosis and TB testing on behalf of APHA for our registered clients.
We provide a comprehensive Veterinary service throughout the year and provide an out of hours service for emergencies.
Flock Health and Production Plans
- These can be as formal (e.g. for QMS requirements) or informal as required. An initial meeting ensures detailed information is gathered, and an action is then created and tailored to the individual setting. You will receive a copy of your personalised Plan, and regular discussion of this is actively encouraged throughout the year.
- Short topic-specific meetings are available to discuss e.g. lameness, vaccine strategies, trace element deficiencies, worming strategies etc.
- Many of our farm clients are part of the Premium Sheep and Goat Health Scheme which offers both peace of mind that your flock’s health status is controlled and added value for the sale of breeding animals.
- Accreditation is available for Enzootic Abortion (EAE), Maedi Visna (MV) and Ovine Johnes. You can become a member for a combination of these diseases, and we would be happy to discuss individual testing requirements for your flock.
For updates and forecasts on parasites and regular webinars providing farm animal advice, please follow this link to NADIS: http://webinars.nadis.org.uk/distributors/easterrossvets.aspx
At Easter Ross Vets, we aim to provide a proactive service for our smallholders. We cater for experienced keepers who have had small-scale livestock and poultry for years, and for people who are just at the beginning of their journey. We can provide support and advice for all stages, and can set up friendly, informal meetings to discuss all aspects of smallholding.
Whilst the most common livestock we deal with on a daily basis are cattle and sheep, we are happy to provide a backyard pig and poultry, goat and camelid service as well.
One of our vets has a keen interest in poultry and is a member of the Chicken Vet Association, which provides access to an additional source of support for poultry keepers.
Most of all, we want our smallholders to feel at home with us, so please feel free to give us a call for further information.